Saturday, February 12, 2011

Prior Trips

As i was thinking more about this blog I thought it would also be appropriate to share with everyone the prior adventures I have been on in my FJ, or my old Grand Cherokee. I apologize in advance since many of these trails were taken many years ago! This will be my attempt at list out the trail names (or at least the basic locations):

In the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (stock - no quadratrack*) WJ:
El Dorado National Forest around mosquito road
Red and Blue Lakes
Pony Express Trail
Slate Mountain
Alleghany Trail
***Appologies for the stock WJ photo...i couldn't find one of mine!

In the 2008 FJ Cruiser - Modified (more details on the modifications at some point in time!)

McKinney Creek Trail
North Bloomfield-Bowman Lake trail
Deer Valley Trail
Strawberry Trail
Mount Watson/Watson Lake
Love Lady Ridge
Pacific Ridge Trail
Sierra Buttes
Gold Lake
Gold Valley

I think there may be a few more...very difficult to try remember these from the past. I'm pretty sure I have some photos of each. 




*For those of you that don't know quadratrack was an option available on WJs was advertised as having the ability to keep all four wheels in motion. As I have seen, anything that tries to be a locker is essentially not a locker at some point in time (when you need it most) will simple not deliver the torque required for forward movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment