Friday, February 11, 2011

Regarding a Trailer

So I have been in the market for a teardrop style trailer that has decent off road capabilities for some time now. While I don't consider myself a rock crawler, I love the concept of overlanding and just the general spirit of getting outside and communing with nature. My hope is that an off road teardrop will help me get out more...and in much more comfort!

Now there are obviously many options out there so I need to lay out some basic requirements:
1. It needs to be towable by my 2008 FJ Cruiser
2. It needs to be sturdy enough for miles of washed out roads and well designed enough to handle some fairly rough and rock trails. I'm not talking "rubicon" tough....but just a notch below.
3. It has have all the creature comforts i need/want including solid side walls, comfy bed, galley, and room for a fridge. Any additional storage and electrical wizardary is a bonus.
4. My wife (Katie) has to approve of it. This may be the most difficult requirement to meet! Approval of final pricing also has to be approved by her so i'm trying to keep it below 17k.

So I wouldn't consider these final requirements but they are a start. Next up...taking a high level glance at the available options for this niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment